Can 1756 enbt used as rio

bornwild

Hey all,

we have controllogix plc with controlnet and dh+ as rio . enbt is used to communicate with other plcs and plant pcs. One of our controlnet modules is gone bad. We have only enbts as spares. Is it possible to communicate to others racks using enbt . Thanks

In general, yes, you can use a 1756-ENBT in the controller chassis and a 1756-ENBT in the remote chassis to perform the same sort of connections that you would have used 1756-CNB modules to perform on ControlNet.

You need a version of ControlLogix firmware that supports EtherNet/IP I/O connections. I don't remember exactly how far back that goes... v12 or v13, maybe ?

Ethernet lacks the redundant media, long cable runs, and ControlLogix Redundancy support that ControlNet has, but because it's fast and easy to use it has largely replaced ControlNet for many applications.

You must reconfigure the local bridge, remote bridge, and I/O module configurations in RSLogix 5000 by deleting the ControlNet connections and adding Ethernet connections. You cannot simply "change the ControlNet module to Ethernet".