CCW Absolutely Brutal Upload Times...

JZerb

So I have CCW Version 12 and am using a Micro 850. I am having absolutely horrendous upload times from the controller to my laptop. I have a pretty beefy Lenovo that i run VMWare on for all of my Rockwell Programs. When i upload into CCW the software usually locks up, title bar pops up a (not responding) eventually, then if i dont touch anything maybe 8-10 minutes later the upload may complete, or else CCW needs to be end tasked. anyone have any advice?

Sounds like a machine I had to upload the PV1000 [not Plus] project. It was a complicated machine with many screens and tags.

The upload took 35 minutes. Thinking something was wrong mid-way through I aborted and started again, but still the same speed. And, that was with Ethernet comm's.

CCW is stupidly slow but what you are getting is worse than usual :)

CCW under VMWare has dramas with USB drivers. Make sure there is nothing running on the VM that uses them like communication drivers for other packages. Even the CodeMeter app can cause problems with the vm hanging when the vm is shut down.

CCW is stupidly slow but what you are getting is worse than usual :)

CCW under VMWare has dramas with USB drivers. Make sure there is nothing running on the VM that uses them like communication drivers for other packages. Even the CodeMeter app can cause problems with the vm hanging when the vm is shut down.

I am using Ethernet to upload into the VM, so I assume the USB dramas you mentioned aren’t hindering anything for me.