Reference to UDT

Grzesiuk

Hello!

I have a question how to reference to specific bits or bytes in UDT.
I have a global DB in which I have a STRUCT composed of bools, ints, words and one UDT. From that UDT I want to move 3 chars into another DB. Is is possible to use BLKMOV for that? Whenever I try I always have a type conflict. Or is there other method to move these specific 3 chars from UDT to another DB?

Hello!

I have a question how to reference to specific bits or bytes in UDT.
I have a global DB in which I have a STRUCT composed of bools, ints, words and one UDT. From that UDT I want to move 3 chars into another DB. Is is possible to use BLKMOV for that? Whenever I try I always have a type conflict. Or is there other method to move these specific 3 chars from UDT to another DB?

Move the individual components of the instance of the UDT you create using the CPY. I'm assuming you created a new instance of the UDT since you are trying to use it.

Try MOV which is on page 455 in this PDF:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf

I apologize for not to mention that I am using S7-300.
With more details - I have DB. In this DB I am interested in address DBB77,78,79 (which are the CHAR, parts of UDT in STRUCT). I want to move these chars to another DB. So I want to use BLKMOV, and as input of BLKMOV I point to that addres as "DB_Name".STRUCT_Name.UDT_Name.BYTE_Name BYTE 3 (since i want 3 bytes to transfer). And that is not working giving me syntax. I also tried with pointers, still not working. Could you please show me, what am I doing wrong?

Of course I can use three MOVE instruction. I figured out that my addressing was wrong, since I was not pointing to DBX but to DBB. Correct version should be P#DBx.DBXx.x BYTE x, then there is no need to use 3 MOVE instr but one BLKMOV.
Thanks for the help.