PanelView 600 will not accept new program

Pumba

We have made a few changes to the PLC program, so we need to update the HMI to reflect the changes. Only problem is the HMI is not wanting to update its program. First we tried copying the program onto a memory card, then sticking it into the slot on the back of the HMI. The HMI sees the program on the card, but once we tried the download (with observations that the download was a successful) , the HMI reverted to the original program. Then we tried both an online download via ethernet and a wired download via a serial cable and the corresponding adapter. Both failed due to the processor being unable to establish a connection with the PLC. Maybe I am having a problem with the routing table from the PLC? I successfully downloaded an update to the HMI a few weeks ago with no issues. Now it seems that the PanelView is unreachable.

That panelview does not work on ethernet, that is a printer only port. You might have burned a port up?

Since Pumba did not state the PanelView Cat.#... A-B did have an EtherNet/IP version.

2711-K6C20
2711-T6C20L1
2711-B6C20
EtherNet/IP of the PV600 listed.

PanelViewStandard600.JPG

He also....

Pumba said:
I successfully downloaded an update to the HMI a few weeks ago with no issues.

Any chance someone worked on it after and changed the IP address after you? can you ping it and have you checked the settings on the PV

RESOLVED: Memory card was too big for file transfer. Tried a smaller sized card (128 MB) and worked perfectly. Still looking into scanner IO to find out the cause of why we couldn't establish communications through Linx.

Thank you for the suggestions!!

RESOLVED: Memory card was too big for file transfer. Tried a smaller sized card (128 MB) and worked perfectly. Still looking into scanner IO to find out the cause of why we couldn't establish communications through Linx.

Thank you for the suggestions!!

What does the "scanner IO" have to do with your PV?

Can you please provide the complete catalog number of your PV.