Fix32 Ver 6.X to iFix

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am involved with a plant move from one location to another. Company A sold an old process to Company B . Company B is now discovering all the 'oops' stuff with the purchase. One of these 'oops' is the SCADA running Fix32 circa 1997.

Myself and the Company B engineering have concluded best option is to upgrade the Fix32 to iFix. We explored possibilities of starting from scratch using Intouch or RSView, but time is against us.

Has anyone upgraded Fix32 6.X to iFix? Apparently , iFix has a utility (Fix Desktop) that will allow it to run Fix. That may be my first option to buy time that will allow me to migrate the application fully to iFix.

Ian

theDave2 said:
I fail to see why Fix32 is an 'oops' ?

Given a choice, I'd install it (but v 7 for modern O/S ) and not iFix.

Its an oops, when there is no PC available to run V6
I tried to install V6 on my laptop, but the install complained it did not recognize my graphic card settings. Also my laptop is parallel port free, so I cannot develop using the parallel port development dongle.

Is the fix v7.x still available ?

Hi

just had the same problem. Old PC (NT4) with FIX32 6.15. I got a "new" PC and installed Win2000 and upgrated fix to ver. 7.0.
this version can run under win2000 with a SIM installed.
You don't need the printer port dongle dev. fix app. this can be done without and you can run 2 hour trial.

Banker

2 hour trial isnt much fun for the operators though.
They would have to restart it all the time.
I think all said and done I would upgrade to iFix
It does come with upgrade/conversion tools and its not that painful to be honest. Once on the iFix platform upgrading subsequently from there is super simple.

Translating the tag database is the big deal.

Graphics will look like **** when they're converted (at least they do convert tho) but a bit of clean up plus using the newer features to streamline the app and it'll look great.

I have a really hard time with doing a bunch of work to JUST get to win2000. Go the whole hog and get onto XP and iFix.

SLC_Integrator said:
2 hour trial isnt much fun for the operators though.
They would have to restart it all the time.
I think all said and done I would upgrade to iFix
It does come with upgrade/conversion tools and its not that painful to be honest. Once on the iFix platform upgrading subsequently from there is super simple.

Translating the tag database is the big deal.

Graphics will look like **** when they're converted (at least they do convert tho) but a bit of clean up plus using the newer features to streamline the app and it'll look great.

I have a really hard time with doing a bunch of work to JUST get to win2000. Go the whole hog and get onto XP and iFix.

Thanks for the info.
I have my 'peeps' back at my office contacting the local distributor as to the costs of the iFix or if an upgrade service is available.

Ian