Prosoft MVI56 PDPMV1 Profibus DP master and Siemens IM153-2 DP/PA link module

Benny123

Hi,

I have a Prosoft profibus master module (for control logix PLC) and the Siemens IM153-2 DP / PA link module (and the IM157 PA Coupler)

what I want to acheive is add two (Krohne IFC300) flowmeters on the PA side of the Link module and be able to grab the data from them in the Control Logix PLC.

I have downloaded the documentation for each module from the Siemens website (after much searching!) along with the GSD tool, which is used to merge the GSD file of the flowmeters with that of the Link module, i then added this GSD file into the Prosoft configuration tool and mapped the data from each flowmeter as 'slots', however the link modules LED display is flashing saying no data exchange is taking place between the Prosoft master and the Link module (as a slave on the DP)

my question is, has anyone else had any experience with these Siemens Link modules and the Prosoft Profibus master? and can you please provide any suggestions for the settings you used to get it working?

Cheers!