ML 1100 ethernet communications

gouch

Hello,

I was working on a project with a ml1100 and a panelview 400. I setup communications between the 2 on the serial port.

I then had to change this to ethernet communications. An ethernet cable was ran from both devices to our office network. This worked fine and I powered up and down the unit without any issue.

Now the unit is on the customer site and the communications is not working. They are using a cross over ethernet cable.

I have looked in the offline plc file and seen that BOOTP is still selected.

Would this explain why the comms are not working.
Is there any way to change this setting using rslinx as no-one onsite has the rslogix500 software.

The bootp-dhcp server software is available for free here. Assuming they have a PC and an Ethernet cable (for example the one between the display and the PLC) they can reset the IP then disable the bootp.

But a re-download of an archived version of the program will bring the problem back. Make sure they have a backup with Bootp disabled.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply,

They had a copy of rslogix500 onsite after so I got them to disable bootp, setup the IP address I thought it had and the problem is sorted.