EtherNet/IP explicit message response time

freshmeat

Does anyone know how much time a L71 controller takes to response an EtherNet/IP explicit message?

From my understanding, the time for a controller to response an EtherNet/IP request mainly depends on the network transmission speed (please correct me if I am wrong). But how much time does it take “from the Ethernet module received a request to a controller responses via the Ethernet module”. I'm curious what is going on when a controller running its background task (CIP message response is handled in background task, right?).

Let’s say the L71 is running with v20 firmware, the Ethernet module is 1756-EN2T/D with firmware v10.007. The controller only contains one continuous task and time slice is 20%.

Any infomation is appreciated.

Freshmeat