Codesys E-Learning

userxyz

Hi All,

I used Codesys for Lenze Servo drives recently.
Now I've seen that Mitsubishi is certified for PLCOpen since 2015.

I am a Siemens Certified Programmer, but I am more and more interested in Codesys as I will need it more in the near future.

Is the E-Learning any value ?

Anyone experience with the online course ?

Kind regards,
Combo

for an experienced programmer, just forget all these tweeks and program just the simple way. and yes E learning is good, however probably to slow and cumbersome for you.

Assuming you have access to hardware... wouldn't a raspberry pi running Codesys be a good starting point?

I think if you're used to TIA Portal, and from my time playing with Codesys, I think a lot of it (apart maybe from the hardware config) will be easy to pick up by implementing some sort of functionality.

If you have a place to test with hardware by yourself, then e-training may be a good solution, otherwise, I found that it's always best to have something to mess with right there and then.

download codesys for free, and start simulation. yes a RPi is a cheap start, however when a bit further buy a cheap codesys machine.