Trouble with ATV 320 and CompactLogix

shaunzer1

Im using a 1769-L33ER and im trying to add in 3 schneider ATV320 drives.

I want to connect over Ethernet/IP and im using a VW3A3616 card on each drive.

I set the drives to Ethernet/IP, set a static IP then try and add in a generic ethernet module, set it to assembly 101/100. But only one of the drives connect properly. The other 2 have a yellow warning sign and in the properties under module info, the information looks ok apart from Owned - No. this is the only difference from drive 1 which says Owned - Yes. Am i missing some other configuration?

Im also having trouble controlling drive 1, I was given an example program from schneider with an addon instruction for an ATV32 (they said it will work). I then added that addon instruction into my project and linked the relevant tags and parameters. I am getting some data in the input in controller tags

But the addon instruction isn't working im not seeing any data.

Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated

Last edited:
Hi shaunzer1

Did you find a solution to this problem ?

I am struggling with the same drive at the moment and it is giving be some trouble :(

I have the communication going but, I can't seem to get the drive to go into start enable mode.

If you have some info you would like to share, I would be very great ful

/Holmux

I think I got it nailed :)

Just adding the last touches to a system with a compactlogix controlling 4 ATV320 and 2 ATV630 over Ethernet,

There is a bunch of manuals, but non of them is giving you the hole story, I got some great help from our lokal Schneider team (but they also had to scratch the heads :) )

Let me know if you need some sample code 🍻

/Holmux

Yes I would like to see that. Will be starting one with L18 and a ATV 930. That would help me get started.

There are a few things you need to setup i the drive to make this work:
FR1 - Configuration reference 1 = Com.card
CHCF - Channel mode config = I/O profile
CD1 - Control channel 1 config = Com.card (not sure if this one is needed)

Set the Ethernet protocol (EthN) = Ethernet/IP
Rate settings (rD5) = Auto
IP Mode (iPN) = Manuel
IP address (iPC) = 192.168.90.20 (my example)
Ip Mask (iPN) = 255.255.255.0
IP Gate (iPG) = 192.168.90.1

I used SoMove to config the drives, gives a better overview of the settings.

Insert a generic Ethernet module with the settings for 101/100, I never got the 71/21 and 70/20 to work as descript in the manual, but the 101/100 works just fine.

In the project I left a sample of the Schneider EDS Ethernet module, I haven't had time to play with it, can't see it wold make any difference.

This is in v31, here you can copy/past the add on module over to your project.

Good luck :)

ATV320_IPsetup.png IO_Setup.png ATV320_setup.png PLC_Generic Ethernet module.png

Attachments

• ATV320_Ethernet.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
Using the VW3A3616 ethernet module worked fine with the ATV320,
but they failed in my ATV630, turns out the ATV630 had a newer firmware installed, so they needed a VW3A3721 ethernet module to fire up.