Flex 1794-AENT V AENTR

Hi All,

Had a strange one today, managed to get round it, but searching for a possible explanation...not found one yet...

We took a ControlLogix PLC system with ControlNet I/O racks (1756 and 1794) and converted them to Ethernet Racks. Spent a fair bit of time on the actual conversion and my maintenance colleagues, who were after the change, wanted 2 racks with 1794-AENTR modules, and 3 others with 1794-AENT, all through a Stratix 1783-BMS10CGP, with all used ports set up as Auto speed and automation device.

Those racks with AENT were absolutely fine, working out the box, IP address set and changed over.
Those racks with AENTR, the module took the IP address and were connected using Port 1, they pinged OK from the switch, although the ping command gave a TTL of 255 against a 64 for the others.

The PLC Hardware tree showed both AENTR modules as "connection timed out" and "faulting" and would just not communicate. Tried altering the Port Speed on the Stratix Switch, and changing the RPI on the module properties made no difference.

One possible cause was the fact that the CAT6 cable was close to 100 metres (cannot check the exact length), so we tested an AENT on the same Ethernet cable, and it worked fine.
Ended up sourcing another 2 1794-AENT modules, set up the IP Addresses, plugged them in and they work fine......

One of the racks has 5 modules, the other has 3.

We have it working now, so no chance to test the AENTRs on the plant, but I may take the hardware and try it on the bench, and see what I get....

Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance.