RS232 Mux on PLC 5/ SERIAL PORT

CaspianSage

Have any of you used an RS232 mux on a plc 5 serial port so more then one device can communicate with it with DF1 protocol?

Any idea if it will work decent enough for non critical application?

Thank you.

... I don't think this could work... There would have to be a driver in the plc to talk to the MUX. -- I was thinking backwards...

Have any of you used an RS232 mux on a plc 5 serial port so more then one device can communicate with it with DF1 protocol?

Any idea if it will work decent enough for non critical application?

Thank you.

In my previous life as an A/V integrator I managed to pull of a similar trick with four relays for selecting which device to talk to. Still running like a clockwork, just make sure you have gold plated relays to handle the small currents.