Wincc 6.0 and Allen Bradley PKTX 1784.

nistam

Hello guys.

I'm quite new to to SCADA and HMIs, been around for only 1 year. Today i decided to upgrade a SCADA running Wincc 5.1 to version 6.0. The SCADA uses an Allen Bradley PKTX-1784 interface to communicate with one PLC. Also, it uses 2 RS-232 ports to communicate with some other PLCs. Before the upgrade everything worked fine(everything works fine before ;) ), but after the upgrade I could not install Allen Bradley DH485 channel because it does not exist. The serial ports work fine. When i click to add a new driver, i don't see anything about Allen Bradley or something similar with the .chn extention, only S5/S7 and OPC, that's Siemens stuff only. What am i doing wrong? Am i missing something here? Is this channel an add-on for WinCC v6.0?

Thanks for the answers

Hello nistam;
My version of WinCC is installed in French, so it would not help to display it here. Look up "Allen-Bradley" in the WinCC HTML help, and open the topic "Differences between v.5x and 6.x". It states that different drivers are nio longer available in version 6 (including A-B's DH/DH+/DH485 and DF1 links); you now have to use an OPC connection.
They even offer a link to a channel knowledgebase to help you migrate to OPC;

http://www.allmendinger.de/002_RK/WinCC/FrameIndex.htm

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier