iFIX 5.0 sample/example/tutorial needed

Homer_BL

Hello!

I never before worked with iFIX but now i have to. Can anyone upload a simple project (but complete, working) like this:
-one screen only
-only one rectangle on screen
-rectangle visibility is controlled/changed via DB1.DBX0.0 of S7-300 connected via Ethernet
-rectangle colour is controlled/changed via internal clock of PC.

Enough for me to start learning.
Thanks.

I hate 'Office 2997' look of iFIX workspace.
Poor/not-usefull documentation on GE site, too.

Have you looked at the sample system you get on the installation disc? That's where I learned most of what I know about iFix.

I got a sample project, but all tags are delivered form SIMULATION driver, not driver for 'real' protocol. I have a driver, but I do not know how to install it since there are no executable/compressed files. In manuals, there is nothing about installing drivers. This is my first time working with GE equipment, and surely the last one, since manuals are bad, comparing with OMRON, even SIEMENS. You say You work with iFIX, tell me at least please how to save this sample project to USB disk to open it on another PC? Thanks and best regards.

There is an option to zip the project, called Backup and Restore Wizard.
(It would have been installed in your Start/Programs)

Ask specific questions, and we will attempt to answer.
For starters, you need to explain what driver that you intend to use, for example Kepware with Ifix OPC client?

That will get you started.

Your task is simple, but you haven't supplied too much information dude..

I specified what I needed in my first post:
-how to open a new project
-how to crate screen with one rectangle on it
-how to control rectangle visibility by DB1.DBX0.0 of an S7-300 connected via ethernet
-how to control rectangle color via internal (clock, for example) variable.

TELL ME ON WHICH PAGE :) when there is no such page.
TELL ME HOW TO OPEN NEW PROJECT when there is no NEW button/command.