Bristol Babcock CIP with AB communications

SNK

I am integrating a BB Controlwave processor with newer AB L5K platform, and need to make the 2 communicate reliably together.

The Bristol Babcock Controlwave product line datasheet indicates that they can communicate via native CIP with Allen Bradley devices, through the configuration of a "Custom" Function Block. I am having an extrememely hard time finding any type of example on their website and documentation.

(Emerson Process Management)
http://www2.emersonprocess.com/en-US/brands/remote/rtus/Pages/RTUs.aspx

I am familiar with the function blocks for different applications, but I am looking for this specific simple example of AB interfacing.

Has anyone done this before?

If so, would you mind posting some of your code?

BB is extremely difficult to speak to.....

Thanks for any help!

SNK: Did you ever get this working? I am attempting the same thing and have the CIP_EXAMPLE project from Bristol but am not sure of the produce / consume configurations (on both sides).

SNK: Did you ever get this working? I am attempting the same thing and have the CIP_EXAMPLE project from Bristol but am not sure of the produce / consume configurations (on both sides).

I've been trying the same thing. ControlWave Micro to CompactLogix. Bristol tech support sent me an example program that looks like it was scrounged from another application, and there are very few notes as to how it is supposed to work. Custom module showing errors. Also, if this is what is needed to make it work, their documentation is severly lacking.

Been at it for a couple of days with no luck. Have you made any progress?