Micrologix1500 Mode Switch

Ryan Rose

Greetings! One of my shop's Micrologix 1500 processor's mode selector switch(soldered on the PCB) has broken off. Currently, it is stuck in RUN mode. We've replaced the processor since, but would like to repair the original. I can't seem to find any replacement kits that include the switch itself, or even the exact switch online. The label on the switch reads "TL39 APEM 9. K5".

I have located a potential replacement in a catalogue (attached), but am unsure of which exact configuration the switch needs. The dimensions of this model seem to be nearly identical to the one on the processor's PCB. The model is "TL..Y0". I don't know if I need single or double pole, or the switch configuration (On/Off/On, ect.). The broken switch cannot be actuated, so I cannot measure across it to find out.

Any help in selecting a working replacement is greatly appreciated.

I would say that only an ON/OFF/ON configuration can provide the information needed by the controller. All 3 positions must not be momentary.

If your broken switch has only 3 lugs soldered into the PCB, then it is a single-pole, if it has 6, then it's a double-pole.

I've gone full-circle with this, and ended up on that same page you linked to...

APEM
TL series switch
3 single pole
9 ON-OFF-ON

The rest is up to you to compare against your existing switch...

I would say that only an ON/OFF/ON configuration can provide the information needed by the controller. All 3 positions must not be momentary.

If your broken switch has only 3 lugs soldered into the PCB, then it is a single-pole, if it has 6, then it's a double-pole.

I've gone full-circle with this, and ended up on that same page you linked to...

APEM
TL series switch
3 single pole
9 ON-OFF-ON

The rest is up to you to compare against your existing switch...

Thank you very much for your help. It does only have 3 legs soldered to the board. I can order a replacement now.