slc 500 5/05 help

astronutt

I am still tryn ta go online with this 5/05 with laptop and ethernet.I dont have a hub so i cut up a straight cable and spliced it into a crossover cable ,when i did this i got a green enet light and flashing flt light,but could not get online.Today i purchased a "real crossover cable" when i hooked it up i got flashing flt light but no green enet light.any help anyone should i have a light or not green enet light that is thx and include pdfs anything to get this going.
thx

Processor fault LED? Cycle the keyswitch to prgramm then to run. You need to know the enet IP address to use that method of comms...Does your PC have a serial port?

Chances are your SLC has an IP address but your PC does not. Make sure you go into your network settings on your PC and change the IP address to a fixed address like in the graphic I have included.

Before if you were on a network, the network was likely assigning you an address but with a crossover cable there is no one to perform this function. My example of an IP address may not be appropriate for your system. If I were you I would take the address from the SLC and either add one or subtract one from it. For example:

SLC 5/05 IP address: 192.168.0.11
Computer IP address: 192.168.0.10
Also make sure the mask setting is correct. For my example, 255.255.255.0 would be ok.

OG