Good automation based news in the COVID-19 fight…

Phil Melore

Administrator
Share good COVID-19 PLC/automation related news

• Is your company temporarily converting from manufacturing x-product to manufacturing a product our healthcare systems desperately need?

• Did you somehow use your automation expertise to help the fight against COVID-19?

Tell us the story!!

We are building control panels for a customer that is making a machine to make masks. Normally we would just supply components and they would build the panels themselves but are so busy with the rest of the machine wiring that we were called in to help out.

Pandemic Support

R&E Automated did some reverse engineering for older ventilators built in the 1980's. Drawing packages were missing so we scanned components to be recreated. We also supported Ford Motor Company in building stations for ventilator assembly at the Ford Rawsonville facility.

We have ~ 100 controls engineers, 80 robot programmers, 80 weld engineers and multiple engineering groups. I would be happy to help if you have a customer in dire need.

Dave Bieganski
[email protected]

We have sent most of our engineers home unless needed for debug and commissioning. Those still in the field we have split into two shifts with a 30 minute exclusion time in between with a policy that first shift never comes into contact with second shift.

I was able to buy face shields from China, I got 700 of them and donated them to my local hospital, they were only around dollar each, I think I can get more if anyone needs them, they take a little over a week to get them... I also got N95 masks, I gave them to local law enforcement, I dont think I would trust them to be true n95 maybe n65 :oops: but I think they are good for others outside of hospital or they are better than nothing

PM me if anyone is looking

PS if anyone has elderly parents that are going to the dr email/pm me I have some spare mask and would be happy to send them your way or if your going yourself and need one or two

RHZ Environmental has printed and shipped dozens of tape bias makers for mask makers all over the United States for free. We've got a few dozen for the next batch, and will continue to support as many as we can.

g63cWmO.jpg

I havent gotten any spam phone calls to extend my car warranty since this has happened.

Several of my distillery custimers have switched over to making ethanol for hand sanitizer and they can out produce the demand. If the federal government would get out of the way they couls help in a huge way. They are limited to using R&D stills to prpduce for now. The main stills are still uses for whiskey.