You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM   #1
sarac
Croatia

analog input 4 ... 20 mA SIMATIC S7-200

hi,

please, i need one advice about programming analog input (4 ... 20 mA) in LAD for S7-200. i have transmitter with input RTD 3- wire (0C ... 150C) and output 4 ... 20 mA. that output is wiring to the analog input AIW0 of the analog module EM235. when temperature sensor RTD reachs 75C which is equally to 12 mA, must activate digital output(for example Q0.0 where is connected some lighting indicator like bulb). when value of temperature decrease below 75C, digital output Q0.0 must be deactivate. so, according to these analog's terms, digital output must be activate or deactivate.
please, if someone know how that programming in the LAD, write, send a sketch!!!!!
i am new in analog signals, till now, i was only working with digital inputs and outputs.

thank You very much for any advice
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:22 PM   #2
DesertDog
United States

On a Siemens S7-200 they actually use 0-20mA. 0mA = 0 in AIW? 4mA = 6400 and 20mA = 32000. Knowing the range of temperature you can scale it accordingly to convert to temperature. As for your digital output use a compare.
 Temperature    Output
----|>R|---------( )

You may want to debounce the output some with a range or on/off delay as well.

Range:
 Temperature    Output
----|>R|---------(S)
75.5 1

Temperature Output
----|<R|---------(R)
74.5 1

If I can't fix it*, it ain't broke.
*With the help of PLCS.net
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum