Allen Bradley to PC comms

taward31

Hi All,

Have an upcoming project and will want to some how trigger an PC .exe file to run a download into a device.

The trigger will preferably need to come from an Allen Bradley PLC Logix 5000 ( any type )

Anyone done this before any ideas of software etc that would help ?

Thanks in Advance!

You could use an Arduino Leonardo plugged into a computer USB triggered by anything that turns on one of its inputs. It can function as a keyboard and send key sequences such as a combo to trigger a macro, or you could probably populate and enter a command line. Other Arduino models can do this with a different boot loader, but the Leonardo is ready out of the box.

Hi All,

Have an upcoming project and will want to some how trigger an PC .exe file to run a download into a device.

The trigger will preferably need to come from an Allen Bradley PLC Logix 5000 ( any type )

Anyone done this before any ideas of software etc that would help ?

Thanks in Advance!

Try Archie's AdvancedHMI if you can talk to the PLC from your PC via Ethernet.

https://www.advancedhmi.com/