FactoryTalk View SE alignment issues

Zlinger

Anyone else have the problem where certain things aligned in the development environment do not align properly when testing the display or at runtime? Is this just another one of those things from Rockwell that we have to work around, or is there a fix for this?

I am currently using FTV SE 10, but I've noticed this in other versions. Text entry fields, shapes, pushbuttons, etc. when I "align right", for example, look fine, but when I actually run the screen, they don't quite align right.

Nothing I can't compensate for, but it's annoying.

My first project with FT SE V10 was my last project. It drove me absolutely insane that I had to straighten things out 3-4 times. I had a rep from Rockwell come out and I showed him. He had no answers. His answer was develop on the screen you are putting it on and even that did not fix it.

Anything factorytalk is garbage. ME, in my opinion, is the better of the two.

Agreed, FTV is garbage. It's definitely my least favorite industrial visualization software. I can't get over having to type in each individual alarm in ME though. At least SE has that going for it.

Agreed, FTV is garbage. It's definitely my least favorite industrial visualization software. I can't get over having to type in each individual alarm in ME though. At least SE has that going for it.
I've never tried, but I think you can do ALMD and ALMA alarming in the PLC and export to ME. Not really a great feature, but just thought I would share.

Anyone else have the problem where certain things aligned in the development environment do not align properly when testing the display or at runtime? Is this just another one of those things from Rockwell that we have to work around, or is there a fix for this?

I am currently using FTV SE 10, but I've noticed this in other versions. Text entry fields, shapes, pushbuttons, etc. when I "align right", for example, look fine, but when I actually run the screen, they don't quite align right.

Nothing I can't compensate for, but it's annoying.

Are you using max screen at runtime? with borders in the client, or display?
My guess is that your development screens are being resized, slightly to fit your runtime screen.

For example, if your screens are sized to 1024x768 (stay with me) and your runtime desktop is sized to 1024x768 (they exist, yes) then you are going to see a resize problem by default.

The screen size (or displays as they are called in FTView Studio) is the editable area for objects. If the screen has a border and title bar, or the client configuration has borders and controls, then that is extra. The borders and title bars will be set first, then your screen will be resized to fit within the remaining space.