You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 12th, 2018, 05:19 AM   #1
iansabey
United Kingdom

Question TIA portal V15. Problems simulating HMI

Hello all,

Trying to simulate with TIA V15 because the hardware won't be ready for a few weeks.

I have the PLC simulated and running. Can go online to the simulation OK. Have also got the HMI simulated and running but it doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the simulated PLC. All I/O fields for example are filled with # symbols.

I've had similar simulations working fine on V13 and V14 but this is my first project using V15.

There are no compile errors in either PLC or HMI. I'm at a total loss to know where to look next.

Hope someone can help

Ian.
Old December 12th, 2018, 05:45 AM   #2
hagos
Sudan

Have you correctly set your SET PG/PC INTERFACE from the CONTROL PANEL?

Regards,
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:32 AM   #3
iansabey
United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion,

PG interface is PLCSIM.TCPIP.1 which I guess is correct.

I think the problem must be in the project, because I've just created another very simple one (but using the same plc and hmi) and it works OK. I'm going to try temporarily adding a second HMI to the problem project - should narrow down where I need to look.
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:16 AM   #4
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

If you look in the HMI connection setup in TIA, it should use the access point S7ONLINE.
If it is set to something else, it will not work.
TIA may have set it to S7ONLINE2, or SOFTBUS (if it is a PC RT and S7RTM is enabled in the setup of the PC Station).
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #5
iansabey
United Kingdom

An update:

I now have two HMI's in the project. The original one is not communicating, the new (rather simpler) one is. The connection details are the same for both (driver: SIMATIC S7 1500, Access point: S7ONLINE etc).

I am now in the process of gradually copying from the original HMI to the new one. So far I've done all tags and text lists and it's still working. I'll report back soon.
Old December 12th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #6
iansabey
United Kingdom

Another update:

I have now copied all screens, scripts, tags, alarms etc. etc. from the original HMI to the new one. I now have two seemingly identical HMI's; one works, the other doesn't.

I'm thoroughly confused and no nearer to understanding what is going on but at least I'll be able to work with the 'new' HMI and delete the old one now.

Many thanks to hagos and JesperMP for your suggestions.

Ian.
Old December 12th, 2018, 02:09 PM   #7
kalabdel
Canada

It does seem odd specially that you're not getting any errors. How about screen shots of your hardware configuration (both HMIs have the same firmware version?), your PG/PC settings, Network COnnections and anything else you think is helpful.

Last edited by kalabdel; December 12th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 06:15 AM   #8
iansabey
United Kingdom

Versions seem to be the answer!

This project was given to me as a version 14 which someone had "made a start" with. I suspect a lot of the HMI screens and PLC code were copied from an earlier V13 project (which I do have access to). I was told that the customer now requires V15 so I converted it. I never tried to run the V14 program because there were hundreds of compile errors in it.

Looking in the Device Configuration for the HMI's I find that the original one is 13.0.1.0 and the new one is 15.0.0.0 so it looks like the conversion didn't update that. I changed the version and recompiled. Oddly, there were a small number of tags I had to re-create but then it burst into life. An interesting lesson learned.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:49 PM   #9
mk42
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansabey View Post

Looking in the Device Configuration for the HMI's I find that the original one is 13.0.1.0 and the new one is 15.0.0.0 so it looks like the conversion didn't update that.
Yeah, the project upgrade doesn't upgrade any FW of PLCs/HMIs/etc. It doesn't change the HW until you tell it to. I'd be nice if there was an UPDATE EVERYTHING checkbox, but I'm glad the default is to leave it alone. It'd be a pain to have to go update all my device FW just because i upgraded my engineering stuff.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum