E3 Plus DeviceNet through 1788-EN2DN

SIS_Brady

Hello,

I have an E3 Plus module that I am having issues with. We have ethernet coming from the processor (L32E) and going to a 1788-EN2DN. From the EN2DN, we go devicenet into the field. All nodes work properly except for one. When the node is told to run, the motor contactor chatters. I have switched the node with a working nodes' number and it works correctly. With that said, that takes the possibility of a bad E3 Plus module or bad devicenet cable out of the equation. Has anyone ever seen this?

Please help, we are about to get busy and I am needing this working correctly.

I have switched the node with a working nodes' number

Can you explain exactly what you mean by that ? Did you physically swap out the E3 Plus with another unit, or did you change the node number on the E3 Plus so that it was the same as a working unit (while that unit was unplugged) ?

In general, if there's a network signal problem then an E3 will fault on network loss. Even if it was configured to just turn off the output (but not fault) on connection loss, it takes a couple of seconds for a DeviceNet slave connection to time out and re-establish; it would not be a "chattering" output.

A "chattering" output sounds like a damaged E3 Plus output relay, or a mis-wired coil on the contactor (like if a normally closed Aux contact were mis-wired in series).

Put a Counter on the Output for the E3+ inside your PLC program to be sure it's not being told to turn off/on rapidly.