roger

Can anyone please help I am trying to upload a program from an allen bradley 1769 l30erm/a but with no success. I can not find any version of the software that lists this plc. If i create an offline program without the /A it will not upload because the programs are different types. I am using classic linx which doownloaded with the software

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community, Roger !

There's a new Version of Studio 5000 Logix Designer that is released for every major Revision of the ControlLogix/CompactLogix firmware. You can install multiple Versions on the same computer, but you must have the version that supports your specific controller.

The 1769-L30ERM controller should start support with Version 21, and go all the way up to the current Version 31.

There are several good ways to determine the Version of firmware in your controller.

With RSLinx Classic software; connect over Ethernet or over USB, and browse to the controller in the "RSWho" window. Right-click and select "Device Properties".

You can also read controller properties from the built-in Web page; type the controller's IP address into a Web browser and the diagnostic page will appear.

I have installed every version from 11 to 28 of the software it is the stroke A part of the plc type that is the problem rs who sees the plc when connected. The problem is I can not create a program with that type of plc to upload the program in the plc to.

The "/A" simply indicates that the controller is a Series A hardware model.

The Series letter shows up in the controller identity string and some other places, but it does not have anything to do with controller compatibility with Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Right-click and take note of the Controller Properties as I described.

And then, post exactly what you mean by "it will not upload". If you don't have an existing offline file, then Studio 5000 needs to create a new file using the identity of the controller you've pointed to in RSLinx.

You don't need to create a "template" file offline with a matching controller first.

I have installed every version of software from 11 to 28. The problem is although rs who sees the plc, none of the versions allow me to create a blank program for type 1769 l30 erm/a. If I create one for 1769 130 erm I can not upload because it tells me the plc types are different.

Please read the firmware revision using RSLinx, and post it.

I assure you the "/A" in the part number does not indicate a compatibility issue.

Yes, go to RSWho, right click on the 1769-L30ERM/A, click device properties.
This will show you the Firmware Version number eg 30.11.
You need to use the RSLogix 5000 / Studio 5000 with the same major version as this eg 30.01. (L30ERM was first supported in

Infact, you merely have to have it installed. Opening Studio 5000 V26 and doing an upload should automatically switch to the correct version.

Rather than creating a project then trying to upload, simply open Studio 5000 (no project loaded), go to the communications menu item and hit "Who Active".
Browse to your 1769-L30ERM/A and "upload..."
Hit "select file" and type in the new file name.
If you have a project in the default projects folder with the same name it will try to correlate the project with it. I am not sure if this will give you a weird error like the mismatch you described. If I recall, you can tell it to use a new file anyway, but failing that move that file to a different folder.

If this doesn't work for you, please tell us word for word the error message that appears when you try to upload.

Also there isn't a /B of the 1769-L30ERM yet.

Back
Top Bottom