one ethernet card, two Modbus TCP/IP comms

rgua

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a CPU simatic 300 with a single CP343-1 Lean as server Modbus on TCP/IP. Some function blocks (Siemens modbus TCP/IP Library) convert S7 data and send they to Ethernet card. A remote client communicates in Modbus on TCP/IP. A single client-server communication works fine. Now the remote DCS system has two client PCs for a redundant communication.
I cannot make tests now. Netpro leaves me to set up two TCP/IP communications on the CP343 on condition to use two various addresses as Modbus port. Will be able the two clients to communicate with my card to the only IP with different ports?
thanks.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have a project which utilizes an L-33ER CompactLogix (v32), which will communicate with a RIO rack with a 1769-AENTR card in its Slot...
Replies
Views
I have a system that is using TCP sockets. There are 5 connections between the Ethernet card and the end devices (smart conveying system)...
Replies
Views
I have a grundfos Hydro pump skid with a cu 352 ethernet card communicating with an allen bradley 5069 compactlogix controller. I have the aoi in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a mitsubishi A800 drive with A8NEIP_2P that I'm trying to communicate with AB Ethernet/IP Card 1756 ENBT/A. I have everything setup...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm a total newb, so be gentle. Does anyone know what is the equivalent amount of bits to Allen Bradley packets? I was looking up a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom