how to check mA

At around £350 a throw, I'm sure everyone has one lying around somewhere, just for the one time in 3 years when a loop doesn't seem to be working correctly....

Just jesting, but you get my meaning. A cheap (£13) multimeter from eBay can tell you if the voltage across the input resistor is within range.
I wouldn’t mind using a cheap meter on these low level signals but if there is a chance your going to use it on mains/motor circuits I’d want to make sure the meter and leads are good quality. Fluke stuff is good (87V, 177, 117) and there are other brands are good, Brymam, Agilent etc.) This guy does a lot of multimeter reviews but here is a good one to start with ...
https://youtu.be/gh1n_ELmpFI

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have a Controllogix 1756-L61 with some RIO. There are a couple of 1734-OB4E's that have gone bad. (no output voltage) My boss found...
Replies
Views
Hello I am new here and new to PLC's, I wrote this program for a class that I am taking and my local tech school. The description is switch 7 will...
Replies
Views
Hello I am new here and new to PLC's, I wrote this program for a class that I am taking and my local tech school. The description is switch 7 will...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to save a project as an L5X and I need to uncheck the "Encode Source Protected Content" checkbox, but it's grayed out. How do I get...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have been working on my first plc project for a while now. I just ordered all the parts that I need and before I did that, I created the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom