MicroLogix 1100 Email SMTP Error

CSnerd

Hey All,

I just setup an email MSG instruction on my ML1100.

I am sending an email on a high alarm bit.

However, it only works every other time I set the bit.

After I successfully set the alarm bit and receive the email the next time i receive a

0x05DD (1501) - Communication error with SMTP mail server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

CSnerd,
It is most likely that the second message is being sent very quickly after the first. In which cast the network may be giving a busy signal. Try putting in a timer to wait 5 seconds after an E-mail before another message will be allowed.

Lancie1,
Thanks for the reply and I initially thought the same thing.
However, I am simulating the alarm bit randomly, even as long as 5 minutes in between each email.

I did notice though that once the message sends succesfully the DN bit stays high. When the message fails the DN bit clears.

Not sure if the MSG instruction is staying connected.

-------------------
ALM | MSG |--(EN)
-----| |-----------------------------| |--(DN)
| |--(ERR)
-------------------

Set the BK bit in the message tag (ex: MG11:0/BK). That will tell the message instruction to break the TCP connection between the PLC and email server after the instruction is done.