3 phases Ac Current to 4-20 mA converter

widelto

Hi guys:

I've been looking up on the web but I can not find exactly what I'm looking for.

I need a 3 phase ac current to 4-20 mA converter for 14 existing and working motors:

7 motors 50 KW @ 460 VAC
7 motors 40 kW @ 460 VAC

I do not want individual current transformers, one for each phase. I want a device that has to be installed underneath contactors and three phases pass thru the device and as a result I got a 3 phases current average in 4-20 mA format, no problem if I got three 4-20 mA signals one for each phase. The device can be powered by ac or dc.

An electronic Overload with remote monitoring might work, but I'm I don't know if they will give you the 4 - 20 mA your looking for.

I googled "Smart Overload" and found an Eaton C440/XT that might work.

An electronic Overload with remote monitoring might work, but I'm I don't know if they will give you the 4 - 20 mA your looking for.

I googled "Smart Overload" and found an Eaton C440/XT that might work.

Hi IndustMech, I took at look at them,but i see they must be attached to a match contactor and that's not my case. My system is and old one based on NEMA contactors, they know by measuring current how production is behaving. So my idea is to connect my devices to a small PLC and send info to a SCADA.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Check out Simocode from Siemens. You can use them as contactors and get out a bunch of information.

Tom: I took a look at your, I like them. Thnaks
Jraef: Customer does not want to stop production, so changing overload relay is not an option, though was my first choice because lots of info and easy installation. . Thanks
Netnathan: Yes, they are ok too. Thanks.