Exporting SDT:s in Gx Works 2

swedeleaner

Hola!

Is there a reasonable way to export adressed SDT:s for HMI:s/OPC:s?
I know it exist some obscure Excel-plugin from Adroit that somehow gets the job done.. Any other solutions?

Right click on it and export it as a CSV, excel can read them.
To import them to an HMI I don't know, only if the HMI allows it, sometimes importing requires some modification to the CSV.

Is that a new feature? When i tried that about 2 years ago, the Tag-names where exported but the adressing didn’t came with the export. Same problem in Gx Works 3, but our Code-gurus made a script that works when exporting the project to XML

There are no Variables in a UDT, it is the instance in the global labels so for example a UDT of
Var_1, Integer
Var_2, integer
Var_3, Float
when defined as a label you give it the actual addresses in the globals, however, in that case you cannot get the actual addresses, well not what I have found.
I presumed that the UDT is all that was wanted, if actual addresses then these are defined in the globals so that the UDT can be used as a structure for many variables with different addresses.
So for example if your UDT is called Test
Then when defined for use you call it My_Defined, it uses the structure Test and then you define the addresses, I believe that if no actual addresses are defined then these become local variables designated at compile time.