Pearson Packaging Systems - Would you recommend them ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I have worked with many robot integrators through the years ,and was looking at Pearson Packaging Systems . Have many of you used them in the past ? Would you recommend them ? A few questions....

- Do they work with and listen to you on System Design ?

- Do they accommodate you with the parts that you want them to
use , such as the same PLC's ,sensors , drives,that will give you spare parts continuity throughout your plant ,
within reason ?

- How is their service and response time ?

We are thinking of using them on a large project.

Thanks so much and have a great day .

I don't have much to contribute here, but a few times in the past few years I have worked on a small Pearson machine that was built in the early 2000s and was able to call tech support and get pretty good troubleshooting assistance for free. They still had the original programs, schematics and an understanding of the machine, which I'm sure is obsolete at this point.

Pearson aquired a company called Flexicell based out of Richmond Virginia.
So I think they use Flexicell for anything on the east coast.
They will accommodate anything you want but might be an upcharge for certain items. We had some trouble when they first took over Flexcicell but I think most have been rectified now.

Also look into Sentry Equipment based out of forest va. (Lynchburg).
Been to both facilities.

Shoot me PM and I can give you some names.

Is Pete Lawton still the controls engineering manager at HQ in Spokane? Pete and I worked together for a long time and used to raft the Lower Salmon River in the summertime with Tim O'Connor and Nick Henry.

When I worked with them, Pearson was a very strong A-B user, so it would take some significant money to make them vary the controller, but probably a little less to get them to vary sensors.

For safeties sake make sure if there robot is told to move to a point and does not make it, that it goes to a safe place or just releases all movement. A lady at a plant I work at pushed her way passed the safety gate (stupid mistake but still..) to get a box off the conveyor. The robot came over to pick it up but she was in the way and it pinned her to the conveyor and she suffocated to death. If it had seen it didn't make it and moved or just shut off she would still be alive today.