FTV Studio ME v12 - global object instances randomly stop updating

nyanpasu

Hi,

I'm currently developing an HMI on FactoryTalk View Studio v12.

It seems that global object instances will randomly lose their link to the "master" global objects. When I modify the master global object, instances are no longer updated. I instead have to delete the instances and copy-paste the updated master object. If I modify the master again I have to do it again, despite saving the global object window and View Studio acknowledging that saving to the HMI server succeeded.

In essence this wholly defeats the purpose of global objects and it is extremely frustrating. The only "patch" I've found is to copy-paste the master global object group, change it, rename the old one and change the new old's name for the old one's, which is less bad than having to copypaste 50 objects but still bad.

Anyone had the same bug? Is there a quick fix?

Thanks.