CPU BASED PROGRAM LOCKING in S7

arc

Has any one been able to assign a program that will work with the CPU supplied and not with any other CPU, i.e. if you load the program on to the CPU supplied by you, only then the program should execute/run and if you load the same program on to another CPU it should not execute.

Some kind of H.W. serial number of CPU AND prog locking subroutine which allows/blocks the run mode.

Please EXCLUDE :
A) KNOW_HOW_PROTECT
B) Pass word protection.

If you have a solution please do let me know.
Thanks.
--------------------------

I gess I have the solution you need.

If you use a Speed 7 CPU made by VIPA you have a solution. VIPA CPUs are programmed with Step 7 from Siemens exactly as an S7 CPU but you have more funtionalities.

One of those funtionalities is the posibility of hiding program blocks. This way, you don't need to put passwords or know-how protections. If your program has some hidden blocks Step 7 won't be able to read them so it won't be possible to copy your program to another CPU. Only the CPU you provide will work correctly.