Allen bradley Compact logix L35E message to L35E

Brizzle

I have two L35e processors i want to send message to and from.
I just want to do data read. Condition from one plc and see it on another plc.
I have tags set up in both programs.
In one program i have the message in the logic.
In the message configurations ask for ip address.
Looks something like this
1, 2, 10.xxx.xxx.xxx 2, 1. Maybe i have the order wrong but im not infront of the program now. The ip address matches what i have set up in rslink and my host file for the program im attempting to get data from.
It is my understanding the numbers order represents leaving processor rack going to other processors rack.
There is also browse button i can click in but only shows the local rack tree in program. Not on our ethernet network.
I have both programs on our network and can get online fine with each program.
We have many plcs in factory. Many messages. Im attempting to understand how set one up from scratch but no luck. Tried looking at other programs compare.
I was thinking i need another module on my tree run ethernet cable to each plc but other plcs in factory dont do this. I beleve use ethernet card that ties our plcs in our network.

Im beginner user in allen bradley using toyopuc for about 5 years and ab about year.
I will say im using the ethernet port on processor not a card.
The other plcs in factory are newer ab plcs.
Im using 5000 software on the l35e and 5000 on the factory plcs.

Thank you

This thread has a decent explanation on how to configure the path:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51059

I feel like I may be wrong about this, but you should look into whether or not the Ethernet port on the CompactLogix processor can be used for communication between PLCs like that. I think I've read somewhere on here before that it isn't intended for that purpose, but I can't remember for sure. If it can't be used for communication, you would need an Ethernet card in each rack.

Got everything working tonight.
No module.
No adding to tree.
In message config used localenb 2 ip address 1 0.
Then i had to toggle the enable and dn bit off and on.
Message would update one time.
Changed condition of the message from plc to off. Read plc was still showing on.
Needed to heartbeat the message logic.
Used not condition of the enable bit. To create a contstant loop of updating.
I will fine tune this later im not always looking for data but just when i need it.

Thank you all for your post and help.
Some one mention consumable tags.
I just created regular tags with array of 5 words.
I made sure both plcs tags match in length.