Prosoft Module Profile issues - Logix Designer

I'm running into an error I haven't seen before with regards to adding a Prosoft 1756-MVI56E-MCM card into a rack of an offline project. When I select it from the add module menu, I get error 8618-80004005, "Failed to instantiate Module Profile. Profile view failed to instantiate. There was an unspecified failure"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the AOP multiple times, along with running the installer as an administrator, gone through multiple reboots and etc, and I still continue to get the same errors. I've used an old download of the AOP and a fresh download from Prosoft

I can add just about any other manufacturers card to the rack, but something about the Prosoft AOP is acting up, as all the units in the AOP_Prosoft_v15 download from their site (GSC, MCM, PDPMV1) will generate the same fault. The unique thing here is it doesn't even give a config menu, just goes straight to the fault.

Talked to prosoft about it and they stated the 80004005 fault is a communication error usually indicating an Access Denied condition. They're recommending the above steps, and beyond that recreating as a generic 1756 module. The reason I don't just do that is this is a remote rack program from an external supplier that I'd prefer to not have to rebuild all the modbus portions.

Any thoughts? I also ran through and checked patch level on my Logix install and made sure I was up to the latest (looks like july 2020 patches). This is v30.00.00.

I had a similar issue with a thermocouple card in version 30.01.00.

The fix for me was to install version 31. I got that recommendation from a technote for a slightly different error than mine, but whatever file was replaced by installing the newer version now allows me to work with thermocouple cards in version 30.

In my case, when I selected the 1756-IRT8 module, the dialog box would hang...go gray, then I would get a slough of errors and then Studio would crash.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with a thermocouple card in version 30.01.00.

The fix for me was to install version 31. I got that recommendation from a technote for a slightly different error than mine, but whatever file was replaced by installing the newer version now allows me to work with thermocouple cards in version 30.

In my case, when I selected the 1756-IRT8 module, the dialog box would hang...go gray, then I would get a slough of errors and then Studio would crash.
So i've also tried a bare project in v32.02 and 21.03 and it exhibits the same behaviors. There is no hang / slough of errors in any of the three, though. This is nearly instantaneous and just the one, with no crash. Perfectly functional beyond the prosoft modules as near as I can tell.

This error matches yours:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/61114

If you don't have techconnect, the answer that you have not tried already is to uninstall every version of RSLogix 5000 and re-install them.

That is the same solution I had found from a different technote related to my problem, so I tried installing the newer version first and got lucky that it helped me. It sounds like you have already installed version 32.

Last edited:
This error matches yours:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/61114

If you don't have techconnect, the answer that you have not tried already is to uninstall every version of RSLogix 5000 and re-install them.

That is the same solution I had found from a different technote related to my problem, so I tried installing the newer version first and got lucky that it helped me. It sounds like you have already installed version 32.

Yeah, my current company doesn't use AB enough to justify techconnect (peasants), but this is the solution I figured was going to come out of it. Ugh.

Thanks