Structured Text Pump Control

WuShockKS

Hello,
I am new to plcs and using structured text IEC 61131-3.

I want to turn off and on a pump based on level setpoints from an analog signal. I have the text.

if tankLevel > HighSP then
hspump1out := 0.0;
elsif tanklevel < LowSP then
hspump1out := 1.0;
end_if;

But how do I get the program to repeat? Once the level lowers to kick on the pump the program ends and does not turn off at the top setpoint.

Thanks

Post a screen shot of your code running with the level greater than the setpoint. Also post how your floating point hspump1out controls the pump off/on

Never seen that normally it should be true or false as outputs for pumps etc. will be digital (Boolean) not floats.
The code would normally be called cyclically in a task so runs every scan.

Silly question, but what platform is this? This reminds me of the OMRON (20 odd years ago) that needed an instruction to tell them to cycle the program at the end of the program. Perhaps your platform has similar?

Is it ELSIF or ELSEIF in this implementation? help.codesys.com seems to use ELSIF, but there are a few occurrences of ELSEIF there.

Here is an example showing the value of the variables when the plc is running. Your screen shot does not show any, it is a repeat of your original post in a different format.

pump1.jpg

Pump is turned ON if the value is higher than HighSp and OFF if value is lower than LowSp. My question is: what if the value is BETWEEN the low- and high limit?

Edit: You will need something like this (don't know exactly since i don't know your application)

IF Level < LowSp AND level <HighSp THEN

Pump:=TRUE;

ELSE

Pump:= FALSE;

END_IF

Last edited:
Pump is turned ON if the value is higher than HighSp and OFF if value is lower than LowSp. My question is: what if the value is BETWEEN the low- and high limit?

No change from the previous scan's value; this is bang-bang control with a hysteresis gap.