Logix Designer needs multiple clicks before opening

I created a RSLogix5000 Vx for each version I have as a shortcut in the SendTo folder. Now I right click on the .ACD and SentTo the correct version. Seems to be a lot happier and faster doing that.

My apologies if I am missing something. This would appear to be unnecessary. If I open a v28 file, the system automatically inspects the file header and sees that it needs v28 and opens that version (assuming I have it installed). If I then open a v30 file it automatically switches to v30. I never have to tell it to open a file with any version.

If I don't have the necessary version, it instead opens the last version I was using and gives me a prompt about the version and asking me to change it.

Now, where shortcuts like you mentioned would be useful (to me) is when I just want to open a specific version without opening a file.

Again, I apologize if I am overlooking a reason for this.

OG

Hmm, I saw "Vx" and didn't equate that to "VM". I took that as "V" followed by a version number. Like V18, V21, etc... Then he could right-click on the ACD and use SEND TO to send it to a specific version of S/RSL 5000. That's how I read it. JAX is clever though. I suspect there is more to this than I am seeing.

OG

Last edited: