control logix module failure identification

PSpal

we are using both control logix 5555 module with CNB/ENBT/with 1756IB32/OB32 , 1769-HSC MODULE ETC. The problem is that when the processor goes to fault due to any of these card failure , it takes a longggggg time to identify the same as there is no information in "fault description " for which module has failed . BUT IN OLD SLC 500 SYSTEM, the fault description contains the chessis no which is probably faulty. which helps to identfy easily..

IS THERE ANY OTHER PROCEDURE TO KNOW WHICH MODULE IN CONTROL LOGIX CHESSIS HAS FAILED???

There is a good programming manual for the ControlLogix family that includes details on how to use the Get System Variable (GSV) instruction as well as other methods to monitor the connection status and health of ControlLogix modules and network connections.

It's called the "Logix 5000 Controllers Controller Information and Status Programming Manual", Publication 1756-PM015.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf

In fact, search the Literature Library using the Publication Number keyword "1756-PM" and I think you'll be impressed at the variety of ControlLogix family programming guides that have been developed over the past ten years or so as additions to the original three Instruction, User, and Motion guides.