FactoryTalk View SE as OPC client with Kepware OPC server

nikhilec2007

Hi,
I have an energy Conzerv EM6400 meter giving data on RS485 modbus and Kepware OPC server taking data via MOXA RS485 to Ethernet converter.
Now I want to take same data on FTView SE.

Note that KepWare and FTView SE are on different PC on network.

Is there any way to configure FTView SE as OPC Client which can take data from KepWare OPC server?

Is there any other solution in your mind, please let me know?

Any ideas?

Hi,
I have an energy Conzerv EM6400 meter giving data on RS485 modbus and Kepware OPC server taking data via MOXA RS485 to Ethernet converter.
Now I want to take same data on FTView SE.

Note that KepWare and FTView SE are on different PC on network.

Is there any way to configure FTView SE as OPC Client which can take data from KepWare OPC server?

Is there any other solution in your mind, please let me know?

Yes your post does contain basically everything you need.

You can use the same configuration with the Moxa and Kepware OPC server.

In View SE you right click on your View SE server -- Add new server - OPC Data Server
It will display a popup and you can select Remote OPC server and select the computer where the Kepware OPC server is installed. Then enter the OPC Server namd(ProgID).

I´ve used it with an INAT opc server and it worked well.

Regards

Neil