Comm between HMI & S300 Slave

engrselva

Dear experts
I am facing problem in HMI communication with Slave. the project uses 1 master 313C-2DP, 1 slave (313C-2DP) and 1 HMI. they are connected with profibus.Both master and slave can commmunicate. further more Maslter and HMI can communicate. But, Not slave and HMI. I tried all possiblity which I know. Both HMI and Master are connected with bus terminating resistor. all are set with same bus speed...
could any one give some guide to solve problem....
\

Thanks in advance.

regards
selva

Master Polls Data

If your communication is set up between master PLC and HMI u must pack ur Data from the Slave to the Master...

You did not specify your HMI.This will help alot.

Hi there
Your HMI will talk to master CPU and not slave CPU
So transfer the data of slave CPU to Master CPU and from there to HMI !

RheinhardtP said:
If your communication is set up between master PLC and HMI u must pack ur Data from the Slave to the Master...

You did not specify your HMI.This will help alot.

deen more information to pin-point exact problem.

HMI type

Comm protocol between Slave and HMI

Thanks RheinhardtP
Actually long time ago I did similar project with same confuiguration and was able to communicate bettween HMI (MP277) and Slave plc. But , the diffrence is both of them are 314C-2DP. As we wanted to reduce the project cost we use this 313C-2DP plcs. I am using same configuration and all most all are same blocks. only CPU is different. Now gives problem.

As you suggested i can do it but there are lot of data have to be polled from Master. So, is there any way to pull the dats for HMI from slave directly?

regards
selva

manmeetvirdi said:
Hi there
Id there anything need to be done on configuration or is there any bus conflicts bettween HMI(MP277) and Slave (313C-2DP)?

manmeetvirdi said:
Hi there
Hi Thanks for your suggestion. In the project, there will be profibus break while the system in operation. At that time the slave should talk to HMI. that is why the communication between HMI and slave is importan. Is it possible to have 2 master (PLCs) and 1 HMI in profibus protocol? Can you please give some guide on this?

regards
selva

Hi Engrselva
You can make both the 313C-2DP as master and connect them using CP 342-5. And then your HMI can talk with both of them even is one CPU is down. You can find the step by step guide about how to do this over here.
Goto to the topic D12.
Manmeet