profibus (Siemens cp 342-5)

Gert

I m having problems with the configuration of a profibus netwerk with a Siemens cp 342-5 master card.
After I ve sended the configuration of the plc rack via MPI with a pc adapter to my cpu, I want to send the profibus configuration to the cp 342-5.
First I ve changed the PG/PC interface into Profibus and then I ve connected the pc adapter to the cp 342-5 card. But as I send the configuration non of the lights of the pc adapter lit up, and I get a message that the connection is damaged.
Does someone knows what could be the problem?

I know that the pc adapter is working normally when sending the profibus configuration to a profibus slot an a cpu with integrated profibusmaster.

Thanx

Hi Gert, I might be miss interpreting what you are trying to do but when you configure the CPU with the attached CP342-5 Card in the hardware file, then the CP card does not need to be individually configured. The data from the CP card is transfered through the backplate to the CPU using FC1 and FC2 siemens blocks whether it be slave or master. Again I may of misunderstood what you are doing, but if you explain further I might be able to help.

RPax

RPax said:
Hi Gert, I might be miss interpreting what you are trying to do but when you configure the CPU with the attached CP342-5 Card in the hardware file, then the CP card does not need to be individually configured. The data from the CP card is transfered through the backplate to the CPU using FC1 and FC2 siemens blocks whether it be slave or master. Again I may of misunderstood what you are doing, but if you explain further I might be able to help.

RPax

Hi thanks for your reply.
I m new in the world of profibus, so I could understand things incorrect, but as I understand FC1 & FC2, are used to transfer input & output data from the cpu to the cp.
Don't I first need to configer my profibus network, by connecting the pc adapter to the profibus cable?
Because I succeeded to communicate between a cpu313-2dp (cpu with integrated mastercard)& remote I/O. One of the things I did was sending the configuration of the profibus netwerk to the profibus connector.
Now I want to communicate with remote I/O & the cp 342-5, but my previous methode doesn't seems to work.
I can't send the configuaration from my pc to the profibus connecter.I get the message that my pc adapter is damaged but he isn't because it works perfect when I send a configuartion to the cpu 313-2dp.
Could you tell me if I m totally seeing it wrong or not?
thanx
greatz

Example Code

This is a link to example code that tests communications between a S7315-DP and a motion controller over a S7315-DP.

ftp://ftp.deltacompsys.com/public/PLC/Rmc_cp342-5.zip

The configuration is set up to provide 3 areas for data.

32 words of controller status
64 word for writing commands and data to the controller.
64 word for reading data.

It has been a long time since I have looked at this code.

Gert,

The configuration for the profibus network needs only to be downloaded to the CPU via the MPI port, there is now need to download the configuration via the DP port to the CP342-5. Providing your remote I/O are configured in Netpro correctly, there should be no reason why it won't communicate using FC1 and FC2.

You can select to have the configuration saved on the CPU, that way if the CP342 goes 'pear shaped', you do not need to reload the configuration. To select this, right click the CP342 in netpro and click properties, then select the options tab.

See the picture below.

Paul

cp342.jpg