direct logic D3-04AD 4 channel analog input

OK guys.....could someone please explain to my thick head the following page. I'm using a single differential transducer at 4-20 using only channel one of the module.

Just wondering the correct method of representation in the program for this input.

Thanks in advance

page 2.jpg

Last edited:
It all depends on whether you are using a GE/TI/Siemens/D3-330/340 style or a D3-350 processor as to how the program to read it will look and how it will be represented. Both Processors require some ladder programming to get the data into memory. The analog card multiplexes the data into a register and sets channel selection bits in that register to tell your program which channel is currently being read.

Use the example on page 2-11 of the Analog manual. In the first rung, replace the R001 in the DSTR1 instruction with R000 for slot 0, R001 for slot 1, R002 for slot 2, etc...

Next change the 110 contact in the second rung to correspond to the appropriate slot. 100 for slot 0, 110 for slot 1, 120 for slot 2, etc...

Lastly, change the R400 in rung 2 to an unused register in the PLC.

Download your program to the PLC and put it in Run mode.

Walla! Assuming that everything is wired correctly, your analog value for channel 1 should now appear in the register you chose.