Micrologix 1500 - transmitting data

Sundar

I want to send data periodically from micrologix 1500 through serial port using AWA instruction.
I could do this with SLC 5/03. I used the COP instruction to copy the data from the integer files to the string file and then use the AWT to transmit the string.
I can't do this in Micrologix as the COP instruction now expects the source and destination file types to be the same.

Is there any way out ?

Thanks

Sundar

Number to ASCII

If there's a concatentate (sp.) ascii function, you could
convert the number to ascii, and then combine the
converted ascii with your header information, into one
string..

then..transmit that string to the port.

Ex:

ST80:0 "HEADER INFORMATION. DATA IS: "
ST80:1 "1234" (THE CONVERTED NUMERIC DATA

ST80:2 = ST80:0 & ST80:1 = "HEADER INFORMATION. DATA IS: 1234"

The only problem is that I don't remember if you can combine
strings like this in a 1500. (My book's at work.)

Thanks.

The problem is a little more involved.
The string that I have to send out would be a fixed length string, two bytes per integer. The bytes would be the hex values.
The method suggested by you would result in a variable length string.

We have been able to sort out this issue. I will post the solution we after we test it out thoroughly.

Sundar