Micro820--missing Scale Function Block

toddp65

While working on a new program with CCW ver 12, I am trying to scale an analog temp sensor (4-20 loop input) with EU to Real.
All of the tutorials I've seen show the scale instruction block, I can only find SCP and SCL. With those you cannot enter hardcoded numbers like 13107 and 65535 in the input min and max and the output min and max...both instructs say they need to be Real numbers with decimal. The Scale block seems like it's the one i want but it's not in the program. As much as i love the cheap hardware, this CCW is still seemingly buggy...

Thoughts?

Yep...I have that.

It seemed to accept my input if I added a decimal to my 4-20 inputs even though I wouldn't have used 13107.0 as my input minimum but whatever, it worked.

The reason you have to use 13107.0 is because you are using a 4-20ma sensor.

If you were using a 0-20ma sensor your min would be 0.0!

Your scaler just wants a real input value that's why you have to use "Any to real" function block and that is because the RAW data that is being read from the input is a WORD value.

As much as i love the cheap hardware, this CCW is still seemingly buggy...

Thoughts?

Is that really a fair statement "This CCW is still seemingly buggy..."

The operator makes an error in understanding the meaning of a REAL NUMBER, so that makes the software buggy!

damica I guess the assessment of considering the software buggy is based upon other user reviews...that said, what I was mostly referring to was the disappearance the the original 'scaler' function block that didn't require REAL numbers in the min and max variables. The 4-20 raw data number isn't anything I'd consider having to add a decimal place to in order to make it REAL and thus usable.

Either way, he function and rung is working now. Thanks for your help and input.

Last edited:
I really, really want to love CCW. It still has many flaws and bugs, however.

The one that drives me the craziest is the mouse over 'help' disappears after 1/2 a second. If they ever allow you to alias parts of an array, I'll be all in.

One of my gripes so that you simply cannot drag one instruction tag onto a new one to address it. You have to drop down and go thru the titles and the drop downs to find them.

There are other gripes but that is one that's annoying me right now.

Another is that I haven't found a way to carry bools from one program to another. When you add an OTE or XIO and then it prompts you to enter a name, there's already a bool OTE in another routine and you want to address you XIO with it in a different routine, you just can't.

Last edited: