RSLogix 5000 in Motion Control

Andreik

Good day fellow PLC Programmers,

I would like to ask for help especially to our Allen Bradley users. In my 5 years working with PLC, I have never programmed an Allen Bradley PLC though I have replaced a defective SLC500 unit before.

My inquiry is related to Motion Control let's say Servo Systems. In Omron, we have the PRV, PULS etc. but in RSLogix 5000 I'm completely ignorant. I would like to seek advise about the basics about AB's Motion Control. Hopefully you could give me readings and sample programs. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Andrei K.

if you have RSLogix5000 installed on your computer, then you probably already have plenty of information to keep you busy for quite awhile ...

do a File Open operation and look in the "Samples" folder ... dig around under ENU > your version number > Rockwell Automation > and see what you can find ...

from the RSLogix5000 main menu you should also look under Help > Online Books > Programming > Motion ...

the Motions Instructions manual (PDF) alone has over 400 pages of material ...

hope this helps ...