You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 17th, 2019, 06:02 PM   #16
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Cheeco, I have many more test cases I will get to tomorrow but if your target generator works you can make money by selling the target generator to companies that want to make a motion controller. This would be like Codesys selling the PLC ladder logic program to companies that want to have a PLC but don't have the resources to create their own ladder logic software.

I am impressed that you are doing this out of a passion just to know or to do it. Few have this passion. Passion is what separates the best from the very very good.

BTW, I used Mathcad to generate most of my formulas. Mathcad is old and obsolete but I have been using it for over 25 years so it is the devil I know, The example I provided above used wxMaxima. I also used Mathematica for the most difficult problems. What software did you use to generate the formulas?
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:34 PM   #17
Peter Nachtwey
United States

I have test a few more cases including the toughest one with 6 equations and 6 unknowns that was used by Robert Lewis. We get the same answers.
Solving this last problem the way I did provides an explicit solution. It works but it is very complicated. You have opened my eyes a bit. I am going to try an iterative just to see if it works. The problem with iterative solutions is that they take time that I don't have in a motion controller where the calculation time must be relatively deterministic.

What could be improved?

What I realize is that I need to change my HMI. I need to add a time in the column for the cursor values. I had to go back to my Mathcad worksheet to do accurate comparisons because my HMI doesn't display time. I also need a way of placing the cursor at a specific time because my cursor resolution is pixel limited.

Cheeco should allow for different acceleration and deceleration rates. Often people want to decelerate slower than they accelerate.

Excellent Job!!!!
Old April 15th, 2019, 05:54 PM   #18
tandempace
New Zealand

calculate time from known Jerk, acceleration and Distance.

Peter, thanks for your useful formulas. They are easy to follow and very useful for an automation project we are working on.

I also want to be able to calculate the acceleration time when I know the initial velocity, given acceleration and Jerk and the distance traveled over this motion.

Thanks
Michael
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum