You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 14th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #16
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I have not done that migration - Wizcon to Citect and a couple of others - complete re-write. Have you considered updating Citect? More and more in it with every new release - it is pretty good. Some things I do not like but mostly positive. And the Excel add in is pretty good for doing your databases.

Old April 15th, 2019, 05:26 AM   #17
EICS
Australia

Hi Bob,

yes short term i will upgrade from SCADA 2015 to SCADA 2016 and then 2018.

i find it does not integrate easily with Email, but i did find a work around to do what i want. the original project was written in V3.21 on Windows for workgroups and then Win NT (remember that?)

we will be moving to a MES in next 5 years so that's why i think it may be time to go with Ignition.
Old April 15th, 2019, 07:15 AM   #18
danw
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EICS View Post
the original project was written in V3.21 on Windows for workgroups and then Win NT (remember that?)
Ethernet came with coax connectors.
Old April 15th, 2019, 03:49 PM   #19
BobB
Australia

NT - what a horror! LOL I have used a program with Citect for emails years ago - cannot remember what it was now. I think it was ScadaPhone? Worked OK.

Old April 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM   #20
scarince
United States

I'm an end-user doing a Sepasoft MES implementation on top of Ignition.

Most of our CompactLogix PLC's only support the one ethernet port. We're using a NAT device to put the PLC on the plant network. We have no issues with this. Ignition isn't hammering the PLC and everything works great.

The only thing with the NAT is that each machine or line or whatever will eat up 2 addresses. You need a public address for the PLC and one for the NAT. In some cases I use the hardware NAT to move to an intermediate address range, and then I use software NAT in the Stratix switch to NAT again up to the plant network. It works fine an and the IT guys don't freak out about using up all the addresses.

I love Ignition and the MES module. We're just getting started, and there is a lot to learn, but the support is fantastic. We're running our line-side andon displays with R-Pi's and they work great. A $50 R-Pi vs. a Win10 box for each installation is going to save a ton of expense.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum