Managed Hirschmann RS20 switch & CLogix

lavinh

Can anyone tell me if i need an eds file for the managed switch RS20 (Hirschmann). I had it mapped in the I/O tree and when i went on-line, i had a yellow triangle mark next to it.

The problem is i could get some data out of it from the switch Params.Data but nothing from Params.Inputs.

Please help and if i need the EDS file, where can i get it.
I could not find it anywhere.

Thanks
Vin

Is the switch in the same ip range?

A managed switch should have its own ip address and subnet mask that you will have to set.

This is normally done through a browser.

I use stratix managed switches but Hirschmann should be similar.

After typing Hirschmann EDS file in Google, I found this...

Where can I download the GSDML- or EDS-file which is needed for Profinet or Ethernet/IP?
The GSDML-file for Profinet respectively the EDS-file for Ethernet/IP are created from our OpenRail family during runtime and can be downloaded from the switch's webinterface via the menu point:

"Advanced->Industrial Protocols"

OG

The EDS file will describe the switch to RSLinx, which will allow you to get an icon displayed in the RSWho browse.

An EDS file has nothing to do with the ability of the ControlLogix to establish an I/O connection.

What is the status of the Connection for which the yellow triangle appears ?