Writing numeric values in Vijeo Citect...

donnedved1960

I'm learning Vijeo Citect and I'm having the hardest time simply trying to write a numeric value in the PLC from a graphics pages. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

:geek:

I'm learning Vijeo Citect and I'm having the hardest time simply trying to write a numeric value in the PLC from a graphics pages. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

:geek:

Hi,
Have you set up comms between Citect & the PLC?
What have you done so far?

Have a look at the screen shot below. For a value to be entered (its a temperature setpoint TT24 for the tank on the left), we have a text on the screen - then under the text properties there is a tab for Input - the command is then "TT24_SP=Agvalue1"

Have a look at the under help for Variable Data Input (also shown on screen shot below)

capture.jpg

I'm writing an app (or trying to) that will talk to up to 128 Modbus TCP devices. We're trying to put together an app that will be sold as a bundle with a product our company produces. I'm hoping the app can be self-configuring since it could be sold to less-than-IT-savvy kinds of buyers.

So the functions I need are:

Query the network for any devices that are on a certain UDP port;
Either change the IP address of a single I/O Device, or Add/remove I/O Devices within CiCode;

Thoughts?

We haven't purchased Citect as yet so I can't call support...

I'm writing an app (or trying to) that will talk to up to 128 Modbus TCP devices. We're trying to put together an app that will be sold as a bundle with a product our company produces. I'm hoping the app can be self-configuring since it could be sold to less-than-IT-savvy kinds of buyers.

So the functions I need are:

Query the network for any devices that are on a certain UDP port;
Either change the IP address of a single I/O Device, or Add/remove I/O Devices within CiCode;

Thoughts?

We haven't purchased Citect as yet so I can't call support...

Have a look at ClearSCADA I remember when I did their training course they a "self-configuring" project that communicated to multiple Modbus devices (flow computers).