You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 19th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #1
DoubleJ
United States

1769-L18ER-BB1B issue

I recently started with a new controller. I flashed the firmware which went well and downloaded the program. Everything went good. I shut it off before I left and came in the next day and that is when the problem started. It now says all I/O is not responding even the local in the controller. I tried to reinstall the program and it continues to say that it does not respond. I flashed the firmware and reinstalled again and continues to not see the I/O. All of them have a yellow triangle on them.
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

What is the error code for the connection failure ?

There was a v20 bug with the 1769-L1 controllers where the POINTBus firmware could be incorrectly installed when you flashed over Ethernet, but it worked over USB. Knowledgebase Article 519117, but it was in 2012 so it might not be your issue.

This is almost certainly going to require some input from Rockwell Automation Tech Support.
Old October 20th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #3
DoubleJ
United States

I am using v30 firmware. I did however figure it out today. I flashed the firmware one more time and it completed right away after polling for power up which it had not done in the past. I downloaded the program and everything was good. I disconnected and when I removed my usb cable the network statuses all began to flash red again. I got back online and seen all the I/o was not responding again. Fault was timed out response. I began to think this was a communication issue with the cards because I cycled power and they were fine again. So I decided to remove the first distributed point I/O module next too the plc and replace the base and took care of the problem. It has not reoccurred since. Now onto an interesting issue is I have two outputs that are on with no addressing to them, if I give them an address in the program they turn off and respond as if they should. Odd
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM   #4
rupej
United States

What do you mean they are on when not addressed? Do you mean you don't call them with an OTE instruction? If so, they will just retain their last state, which may have been ON.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:29 PM   #5
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Rupej is onto it - an output doesn't turn off just because nothing is telling it to turn on, it only does explicitly what it's told.

If you have an OTE addressed to that output, the OTE when true will explicitly tell the output to turn on. If the OTE is false, it will explicitly tell the output to turn off. If the OTE is true (and the output is on), and you delete the OTE, there is nothing telling the output anything at all, so it does exactly what it was last told to do until something comes along to tell it differently.

You can monitor it in the controller tags window and write a zero into it's address; that'll turn it off manually.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum