Help Create Program for this Process

cattiebrie

Hi, I'm having trouble understanding my course and I need help please. Can someone please write a program for this process? I will use the answer in my LogixPro to teach myself what is going on.

Write a program to implement the process illustrated. An up-counter must be programmed as part of a batch-counting operation to sort parts automatically for quality control. The counter is installed to divert 1 part out of every 1000 for quality control or inspection purposes. The circuit operates as follows:
• A start/stop pushbutton station is used to turn the conveyor motor on and off.
• A proximity sensor counts the parts as they pass by on the conveyor.
• When a count of 1000 is reached, the counter’s output activates the gate solenoid, diverting the part to the inspection line.
• The gate solenoid is energized for 2 s, which allows enough time for the part to continue to the quality control line.
• The gate returns to its normal position when the 2-s time period ends.
• The counter resets to 0 and continues to accumulate counts.
• A reset pushbutton is provided to reset the counter manually.

PleaseHelp2.jpg

Just break it down into its different parts.

Start /Stop for the motor is just a simple latching circuit. Google it if need be.

The prox sensor is just an input (XIC) into a CTU instruction which can then operate a 2 seconds TOF timer and a -(RES)- command when the .acc value is EQU to 1000.

The manual reset button (XIC) also energises the CTU -(RES)- command.

Solution

Hello ,

See the attached file for solution !! Ladder created in Siemens TIA.

Network 1: Conveyor start

Conveyor is started and stopped by this logic

Network 2: Proximity sensor.

Once product near the proximity sensor (sensor value goes from low to high) and once the product passed sensor (sensor value goes from high to low) negative edge trigger detect it (high to low transition) and activates the counter to count product pass by.

Network 3 : counter

once counter reaches 1000 ( verified by equal logic operator ), solenoid sensor is activated for 2 seconds by means of TOF (Off Timer) and counter is rested.

Hope this helps

solution.jpg

FS9, this isn't supposed to be a test for the forum to see who can do it the fastest.
I would call it cheating, but the person asking should be hoping the examiner is a bit of a retard (unlikely) and doesn't know of these sites (really unlikely).
We all know, apart from person asking, that this isn't going to be the way to learn, just a means to get a pass.

freesoftware9000,

welcome to the forum. as you will soon see, we get requests all the time for help on homework, and we don't mind it, Provided the student has put forth some effort. if the student puts forth effort and has an issue, he can post his work and we will offer suggestions and help him understand his problem.

regards,
james

Assuming that you aren't a Poe playing a game with the forum posters, then you should just go ahead drop out of school. Cheating your way through won't provide you with any advantages in the real world, and you're wasting someone's money by attending. Something tells me the money that you are wasting is not your own.

Just break it down into its different parts.

Start /Stop for the motor is just a simple latching circuit. Google it if need be.

The prox sensor is just an input (XIC) into a CTU instruction which can then operate a 2 seconds TOF timer and a -(RES)- command when the .acc value is EQU to 1000.

The manual reset button (XIC) also energises the CTU -(RES)- command.

Yes this is a good way to get started. It also helps to make a list of tags that you know you will need, for example: Start Pushbutton, Stop Pushbutton, Motor Contactor, Proximity Sensor, Gate Solenoid, etc. Then make a note on which ones are PLC inputs and which are outputs. For example the Prox Sensor is a PLC Input, the Gate Solenoid is a PLC Output.

freesoftware9000,

I think you have misunderstood my post.

We welcome any and all students and their homework questions.
we will answer all their questions and guide them to a solution.
All we ask it that the student puts forth some effort by showing what they have done by posting their work when they get stuck.

I can personally say that this forum has helped me get out of several jams with their guidance, and for that, I wish to say thank you to the site owner and all the members.

if this post is inconsistent with forum policy, someone please correct me.

regards,
james

Assuming that you aren't a Poe playing a game with the forum posters, then you should just go ahead drop out of school. Cheating your way through won't provide you with any advantages in the real world, and you're wasting someone's money by attending. Something tells me the money that you are wasting is not your own.

I have some management types you should meet that I have met through out my life.

Thank you freesoftware9000 for your help and everybody else. I'm a returning student (over 10 years out of school) and I have forgotten all my prerequisites. I tried studying from the book and websites but still find some things in my course confusing. Anyways, I will plug the program given to me from freesoftware9000 into my LogixPro (its a program I use to understand what's going on in a PLC program) and will learn from that, thank you!